[sane-devel] HP Scanjet N6350

Don Pobanz dpobanz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:58:49 UTC 2014

I also bought one of these scanners, thinking it was the same as the HP
6350C listed on the sane compatibility list
(http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html). However, the one listed
was a HP 6350C not the HP N6350. (The HP N6350 is not listed) I do not
have any idea how hard it would be to get this scanner working and don't
have time to even help test until after Easter.

I was planning on using it under Ubuntu 13.10. But for now, the scanner
sits on a shelf. Sorry, I couldn't be of any help.

Don

On 04/01/2014 11:29 PM, Richard Thornton wrote:
> So I have been trying to figure out the best way to get this thing
> working in a Mac environment.
>
> I would like to use the networking on it, stupidly I assumed that the
> scanner would have a CIFS client embedded and so I could use Samba to
> create a CIFS share and then point the N6350 to it as the destination
> of a scan... Put the page in, hit scan and a pdf appears on the
> server.
>
> Has anyone got something similar working, I was thinking worst case
> scenario I could bring up an XP host inside ESX, install the HP
> software and go from there but I would really like to avoid that.

Rev. Don Pobanz
St Paul Lutheran Church
1112 Bailey St
Sac City, IA 50583