[sane-devel] Canon MF4770N network

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 16:19:14 UTC 2014

Hi Gernot,
Thanks for that.
Yes this was something that tripped me up early on with my investigations with the unit.
Certainly when USB scanning, you have to put the scanner in "Remote Computer" mode otherwise it reports itself as busy. USB scanning now works fine.

I've tried a number of different operational modes to no avail.
I do find that a lot of multi-function printer/scanners like this have a confusing array of buttons and operational methods to achieve what is largely the same thing.
This scanner will do both push and pull scanning. I'm really only interested in the pull variant which is what I think most people would do in the home.

I will boot up my Windows XP and see if I can get network scanning working under that using Canon's software.

That way I can be sure that the procedure is correct and I can get a wireshark trace to see what is going on under the covers.

Cheers,
Ralph

 mailing list: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org