[sane-devel] Canon MF8200C Series

Troels Thomsen troels.pil.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:40:07 UTC 2014

I'm posting this to let you know of my progress with the Canon MF8230
(Mf8200 series):

Scanning from Simple Scan, XSane, Picasa works!

In case of XSane it is especially sweet, since it only scans/enumerates
devices once, (which for some reason takes ~20 sec on my box right now.)

I'm still suffering from the phenomenen, that the scanner hangs in
"Scanning ..." state after scanning has ended.

Has anybody any ideas on why?

I have therefore made two tcpdump's. One from scanning with sane and one
from scanning with windows(in VirtualBox).
My thought is that I eventually can track the differences in the traces,
and find out what command the sane backend must send.

Any pointers on tools or the like is most welcome.
(Right now I have the hex dump from tcpdump)

/Troels