[sane-devel] Shipping hplib

Matthew Baker mu.beta.06 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 21:07:35 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I have had users of the SANE android front end I wrote requesting support
for devices that would appear to require the hplib backend. My
understanding is that hplib is not packaged with SANE and is installed
separately. My guess is it could be as simple as it lives in a different
repo and that's why it is installed separately but I am not certain of
this.  My question is, is there anything stopping me (licencing or
otherwise) including a bundled hplib backend (or any other backend for that
matter) into the app.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Baker