[sane-devel] sane to work with USB 3.0

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Dec 2 04:46:36 UTC 2014

m. allan noah writes:

> Your patch makes no difference for the Fujitsu models in question.
> I'll commit the patch in the next couple days, after some more
> testing.

One more thing I forgot to mention.  I've also noticed that spurious
(lib)usb_clear_halt() calls cause trouble with USB3.  The fujitsu
backend doesn't call it (or the sanei wrapper around it) directly but
that may be something to watch out for as well.

I have found filtering a live Wireshark capture with

  usb.transfer_type != 03

quite helpful.  That makes it easy to spot any SET CONFIGURATION and
CLEAR FEATURE requests.

FWIW, the epkowa backend uses an old version of sanei_usb.c that did not
have the (lib)usb_clear_halt() calls disabled in sanei_open().  That's
how I found out ;-)  SANE's master branch has that code

  #if 0

'd out.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962