[sane-devel] scanbd: Can't get the scbtn device list

Alexander Tomisch alex at tomisch.de
Mon Dec 29 07:24:57 UTC 2014

Hi Wilhelm,

Am 29.12.2014 um 06:32 schrieb Wilhelm:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Am 28.12.2014 um 21:08 schrieb Alexander Tomisch:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried to install scanbd on a Arch Linux X64 but it did not recognize
>> my Scanner - output of scanbd: "Can't get the scbtn device list".
>>
>> It is not my first time with scanbd and on my previous installations it
>> was already working with my scanner and the scanbuttond epson backend.
>
> do you really need the scanbuttond backend? These backends are included
> into scanbd "as is", because they aren't actively maintained.

The scanner is also not recognized without the old backends and I did
not found any information, that sane can read the scanner buttons.

It has been a while since I started with scanbd and this scanner (2011 /
2012 ?) but I used the scanbuttond backend from the beginning.

I will try to find out, which was the last working version.

Alex