[sane-devel] Network connected scanner, i/o error if scanner is idle for longer then 40sec

Paul Newall p.newalls at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 30 10:09:49 UTC 2014

I have been digging down into the code, and adding extra debug output.
In my network read function kodakaio_net_read it seems that poll(...) is
indicating that there is data to read, but sanei_ tcp_read(..) then
returns zero bytes.
If there was no data I'd expect poll to timeout, and if there was some
data, sanei_ tcp_read should return it?
But this is the only network read code I have ever written in c so I am
not too confident it is correct.

Paul