[sane-devel] Plustek opticfilm 7600i

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jan 1 08:22:35 UTC 2014

On 31/12/2013 15:17, Bert Haverkamp wrote:
> Dear Sane developers,
>
> I got my hands on a Plustek Opticfilm 7600i Negative/slide scanner.
> From what I understand from an internet search this scanner is based
> on a Genesys GL843 chipset.(not confirmed by me) This chipset is
> supported now by the genesys backend, but the scanner is not, as of yet.
>
> I am able to provide information and/or remote access to this scanner
> now. I hope some one is interested in developing sane support for it.
> Please let me know if and how I can help with this scanner.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bert Haverkamp

     Hello,

     running a recent version (from SANE 1.0.24) of the
'sane-find-scanner' tool should tell us if it is really a genesys chip
inside.

     If it is the case, support could be added, but since it is a really
different kind of scanner from other supported devices, doing it
remotely is close to impossible, or at least really long and not fun. If
someone with this device want to have a try to do it, I can help her/him
(see
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410369&aid=314555&group_id=30186).
I personally won't try to do it without a real device to test on.

Regards,
     Stef