[sane-devel] NET BJNP Canon imageCLASS MF4880DW

Yvan L. Gélinas gelinasyl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:49:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF4880DW and sane-backend git has been
updated and working fine via USB  (lsusb: Bus 003 Device 004: ID
04a9:2773 Canon, Inc.) Thanks!

I was trying to use it via the net but it didn't worked at first. I
noted with wireshark that this printer is not using BJNP on port 8612
but instead MFNP on port 8610.  As such MFNP looks similar to BJNP.

I changed the sane-backend/backend/pixma_bjnp_private.h/BJNP_STRING to
"MFNP" and recompiled
    (#define BJNP_STRING "MFNP")

.After that I forced the port to 8610 in pixma.conf by adding
bjnp://"ip address":8610

When using the default dpi of 75 (eg with xscanimage), it work and get
a good scan (tried flatbed only at this time).

But if I am increasing the dpi to the 150, 300, or 600, it don't work
and I am getting a buch of logs as follow;

  [bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 80, expected 33
  [bjnp] Could not read response to command!
  [bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 10, expected 33
  [bjnp] Could not read response to command!
  [bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 4, expected 33
  [bjnp] Could not read response to command!
  [bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 1, expected 33
  [bjnp] Could not read response to command!
  [bjnp] bjnp_recv_header:ERROR, Received response has cmd code 0, expected 33

Any suggestion what I should do next?

Thanks in advance