[sane-devel] Linux support for Scanjet 300 ?

Huub Van Niekerk huubvanniekerk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 09:54:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

Running CentOS 6.5 (with sane-1.0.21) I want to use this scanner. After connecting it, dmesg shows it's there and sane-find-scanner shows ¨(vendor=0x03f0, product=0x1d05, chip=GL848+?) at libusb:003:005", but scanimage -L says no scanners were identified. The sane-project page doesn't show it, and the seller doesn't mention Linux as supported (for any scanner, not even for the more expensive supported ones), but mentions Linux in the properties.
So my question is, since 1.0.21 is old, is it supported in the newer versions? Or will it be soon ?

Thanks.