[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 210 - Green Bands on the left margin

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jul 9 03:49:36 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 22:07, Toni LDG wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just received a Canoscan LiDE 210 and just try to get it working
> properly.
>
> Just noticed that when using it in Linux, the results of any kind of
> scan shows a couple of small green bands on the left side, vertical
> and about 1 cm width.
>
> The strange thing is that those bands are Not shown when scanning from
> Micrososft Windows with the Canon suplied driver.
> There image there is perfect. It seems to only affect Sane.
>
> I've tried both on Debian unstable and on Ubuntu 14.04 but same results.
>
> Also tried re-calibrating the scanner from Windows several times, but
> same issue.
> Removing the calibration file and again.
>
> Also from different front-ends (xsane and skanlite) same results.
>
> The fact that only affects Linux makes me wonder if is some kind of
> software issue or is a faulty hardware.
> I am in time to return it but just wanna know first if i am doing
> something wrong, or is a software issue.
>
> Have some samples to check the issue if desired.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help and also for the great job you all do
> to get scanners working.

    Hello,

     maybe an upload error, I'm not seeing any green band on the linux scan.
     However, you can send an another one directly to me, with debug
traces log generated by running scanimage with debug by executing these
commands:
xport SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
scanimage -d genesys --clear-calibration --resolution 300 --mode Color
2>debug.log >scan.pnm

     Maybe the internal geometry of your scanner model is slightly
different, and calibration happens on an unexpected black area.

Regards,
     Stef