[sane-devel] Canon LIDE30 streaks after calibration?

coxster dillon coxsterdillon at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:17:24 UTC 2014

Hi,
I wonder if someone knowledgeable could suggest to me how I can sort my LIDE30 in Ubuntu 13.04.
I am getting after calibration some issues with my scans where light bars or streaks are in the final scan image.  To make sure it is not the h/w I rebooted without unplugging or touching my scanner and taking another scan using Twain driver.
Here I found black A4 paper, kind of shiny black, all I had and scanned it.  I suppose I do not have to use scanimage but I do want to change the plustek config at some point when I get it working so I guess use of sane is important.
When I scan a photo, those steaks are present as visible linear brightness changes across the horizontal, scan axis.
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23; backend version 1.0.23
Sane/Ubuntu 13.04/scanimage frontendhttp://postimg.org/image/d6c6dombj/
Reboot into windoze, no calibration, just hit scan (actually does everytime so sort of calibration as head flashes a lot)
Vista/Twain/paintshophttp://postimg.org/image/5gpuc9tkp/
Vista/Twain/paintshop (Calibration done)
http://postimg.org/image/ywfaq71l5/
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Regards,
dc