[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i issues

Peter Marschall peter at adpm.de
Sun Mar 2 11:44:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am having trouble to get my Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i working with the
standard Sane applications.

The scanner works when using the KDE application skanlite, which uses KDE's
ksaneplugin library, which itself uses KDE's libksane, which eventually uses
libsane.
But it refuses to work with any of the "standard" tools: scanimage,
xscanimage, xsane, scanimage.pl, ....

Does anyone among you have an idea, what might be the reason for the differing
behaviour?
What can I do to get to the root causes (and ideally make scanimage work in
the end)?

Any information is helpful.

Additional information:
* backed used: epjitsu
  (the S1300i is treated as an S300 with different USB id)
* firmware 1300i_0D12.nal extracted successfully
* /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf adapted accordingly
* UDEV rule written (to set: ENV{libsane_matched}="yes")
* Distribution used: Debian testing
* Software package versions:
  - skanlite		1.0-2
  - ksaneplugin		4:4.11.3-1
  - libksane0		4:4.11.5-2
  - sane-utils		1.0.24-1.1+b1  (for scanimage)
  - sane			1.0.14-9  (for xscanimage, scanadf)
  - xsane			0.998-5+b1 (for xsane)
  - libsane			1.0.24-1.1+b1

Thanks in advance for your help

Best