[sane-devel] Sane Problem Canoscan 5600F

Rowan Liddane augustus1953newson at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 6 11:01:56 UTC 2014

xsane
[genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[genesys]          report any failure/success to
[genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as many
[genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.

Hi,
I added the Canon Canoscan 5600F to the rules file and got the messages above.

I also got a box that said "genesys :libusb:0011004 invalid arguement"

Its is a great scanner if I can get it running. The Caon site does not provide a Linux  driver for this scanner and I thought genesys migth pick it up.

Cheers

Rowan