[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX525

Trygve Flathen at.sane at flathen.net
Sat Mar 8 14:27:32 UTC 2014

Hi

I am now the owner of a Canon Pixma MX525, and I see that this is
listed as "untested" in the supported devices list.

I bought it specifically for its duplex ADF scanner and the impression
that they support Linux after seeing the scangearmp software offered
by Canon. However, while scangearmp does allow you to scan in Linux,
the program is buggy and very mouse-based and manual in use. I need
scanning to work from various programs/script in a more automated
manner.

I am a programmer and would like to help getting it supported by SANE.
I will provide some initial info below, and hope the SANE project can
point me in a useful direction for further work.

-Trygve

The scanner is connected to a Mint 16 system via usb and network.

ScanGear MP v2.10 for Linux:  (select software, linux)
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MX_series/MX525.aspx

Another owner:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2014-January/032018.html

See http://flathen.net/ext/sane/info1.html for output from:
lsusb
lsusb -s 001:003 -v -v
ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/003
sane-find-scanner -v -v /dev/bus/usb/001/003
nmap -A 10.0.124.76
export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21
scanimage -L
lsmod|grep scanner