[sane-devel] Canon MX430 / MX510 / MX925 - does not recover when ADF out of paper

Matthias Peter Walther MatthiasPeterW at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 23:12:09 UTC 2014

Hallo Rolf,

that one screwed it. The scanner scans the first page, starts loading
the second one and aborts. See the attached log. I inserted 3 papers as
usual.

The image size is 638x1050 (standard resolution, I think that is 75 or
150(?)). The image is in relation much higher than wide as a standard
German DinA4 paper now, but the filled/scanned area is exact the same,
last 1mm is still missing and the rest is plain, digital white. I think
there might be a maximum hight the firmware of the scanner can handle in
adf mode. How can we smartly test that? Or do we have to do that by hand?

There's another adf related iussue: If something goes wrong with the
hardware/pulling in of the papers, sane aborts and gets status 9. The
only way to get the device out of this and to work again, is to restart
the device or to once load the binary and close it. Could you look into
there, if there is a command to reset the scanner somehow? See second
log attached, tested with patch1+2 only.

Bye
Matthias