[sane-devel] [genesys] Canon LiDE 210: How to use scanner buttons

Dominik Kopp my at kabelfunk.de
Mon Mar 24 08:17:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using sane 1.0.24 and have a Canon LiDE 210.
scanimage -A provides:
  Sensors:
    --scan[=(yes|no)] [no] [hardware]
        Scan button
    --file[=(yes|no)] [no] [hardware]
        File button
    --email[=(yes|no)] [no] [hardware]
        Email button
    --copy[=(yes|no)] [no] [hardware]
        Copy button
    --extra[=(yes|no)] [no] [hardware]
        Extra button

then I press one one of the scanner buttons and repeat scanimage -A.
Same result.

And using the scanner buttons in XSane and/or gscan2pdf have no effects.
Looking in xsane at  window->show advanced options
the five sensor flags ar always unmarked.

What am I doing wrong?
What I want is to scan multiple pages without touching the mouse or keyboard
by using one of the five scanner buttons.

Dominik

(tested under openSUSE 13.1 and Fedora 20)