[sane-devel] Announce: BcScan 0.0.1, minimal PDF document scans for OSX

Carlo Capocasa carlo at capocasa.net
Mon Mar 31 08:20:19 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I would like to invite everyone interested to try out BcScan 0.0.1, a minimal
document scanning APP for OSX (MIT license).

Minimal means that running the app opens no GUI but just does an A4 scan in
document mode directly to a PDF on your desktop, and opens it in preview. If
you keep preview open scanning again adds more pages, otherwise a new
document is created.

I have found it much more convenient for quckly scanning documents than other
apps that require a preview scan, and much faster than anything using TWAIN.

I have only tested it with Snow Leopard so far. I hope it is useful! Feedback
and patches are quite welcome.

Carlo