[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670 bad colors

Octavio Alvarez alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
Mon Mar 31 16:14:56 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 07:34 AM, Stef wrote:
>     the problem is coming from incorrect calibration by the backend.
> Gain is too high. Could you please run SANE 1.0.24 backend version with
> traces enabled, and send me log file and *.pnm files created during
> calibration ?
> In a command shell type:
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
> scanimage -d genesys --resolution 75 --preview --mode Color
> 2>preview.log >preview.pnm

I took some samples, even one with --resolution 150 and uploaded them here:

http://blog.alvarezp.org/files/scan-hp3670/hp-sj3670-samples-1.tar.gz

Some of those came out ok, some didn't. Only --resolution 150 threw out
a full set of pnm calibration files. --resolution 175 only threw out
warmup*.pnm files.