[sane-devel] MX925: Scan via Display to SANE??

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon May 5 08:13:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

On May 3 11:51 Louis Lagendijk wrote (excerpt):
> On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 21:55 +0000, Thomas Escher wrote:
>> One question ? I own a Canon MX925. It's possible to scan
>> from the display directly to the Windows-Machines.
>> Is SANE the right software to scan from
>> the display directly to a debian-machine?
> Yes, Sane can be the base for button-based scanning,
> but you will also need scanbd. Sane provides the interface
> to the scanner, scanbd will handle the logic. Scanbd cab be
> found here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scanbd/?source=directory

First things first:

A precondition is that SANE supports the device.

But according to

http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=canon&model=mx&bus=any&v=&p=

it seems no Canon MX925 is listed at SANE which indicates
that SANE does not support it.

First of all scanning from the computer must work with SANE
when the device is connected directly via USB to the computer.

When this works, button-based scanning could be set up
and/or the device might be connected via (wireless) network.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner