[sane-devel] OKI MB451: sane_close: illegal handle

Sean Darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:47:37 UTC 2014

I've got an OKI MB451, which is great hardware but really lousy software,
especially on linux. And no docs or mailing list!

I installed their scanner driver, and sane can find it. But when I run
scanimage I get this error:

scanimage -vvv –format pnm -x 215.9 -y 279.4 –mode 'Black and white' -d
oki:OkiMB451 –resolution 300 –source Flatbed -p  > test.pnm
scanimage: value for –x is: 215.9
scanimage: value for –y is: 279.4
scanimage: value for –resolution is: 300
scanimage: scanning image of size 2552×3304 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame
scanimage: read 1053976 bytes in total
Closing device
** ERROR(5246:7fba7d176840) [oki] ** sane_close: illegal handle.
handle=0x7fba7eddffa0
Calling sane_exit
scanimage: finished

If there's only one page, it's OK. While I get the error, the scan actually
works, but it's a problem with more than one page.

I'd like to give OKI some clue on where to look for the bug. They need all
the help they can get. So I'd appreciate any helpful hints you may have..

sean