[sane-devel] scanbd occasionally ignores scanner button presses

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:35:01 UTC 2014

Hallo Wilhelm,

Wilhelm píše v Pá 16. 05. 2014 v 14:08 +0200:
> Hi Milan,
>
> Am 16.05.2014 09:38, schrieb Milan Knížek:
> >
> > I have yet to confirm it by further testing, but it seems that I can
> > trigger the "stale" status of the scanbd by repeatedly pressing the
> > scanner button (e.g. the PDF merge button, which does not really scan
> > anything) in a quick sequence.

Well, it seems I can reproduce it reliably by repeatedly pressing a
button on my CanoScan 9000F before the child (action) process exits. I
do not have access to another scanner to test if this is a common
behaviour or not.

> > Is there any SIGNAL I could send to scanbd process to refresh itself
> > without the need to restart scanbd.service?
>
> Try to send SIGUSR1 to stop all polling and then SIGUSR2 to restart all
> polling.

The signals were caught by the process and it responded as described,
however, it did not resolve the bug.

I will report this behaviour in the Discussion forum of
Sourceforge.net / scanbd so that it does not get lost.

regards,
Milan