[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.2.5 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:35:59 UTC 2014
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.2.5:
* Fix today button on date dialog saving PDF
Closes bug #171 "Today" button in calendar jumps to February 1th, 1970
* Fix resolution when processing non-standard sized images with unpaper
* Speed up downsample option by using imagemagick sample instead of resize
* Remove unnecessary decode_utf8() call causing
'Cannot decode string with wide characters' error in Perl 5.18.
* Add support for tesseract 3.03.
Closes bug #173 "v1.2.4 doesn't display any output"
* Fix bug writing images with quotes in filename
Closes bug #174 "Fail to save file when target folder has quote in filename"
* Fix setting options which don't cause a reload.
Closes bug #168 (Resolution Errors on Multiple Scanners)
Closes bug #170 (Format A2 in PDF properties despite having chosen
A4 while scanning)
Closes Debian bug #742233 (wrong resolution)
Closes LP: #1304484 (resolution incorrect, saved pdf far too large)
More information about the sane-devel