[sane-devel] more patches for epjitsu

Peter D'Hoye peter.dhoye at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:28:25 UTC 2014

> Chances are, you have two copies of sane installed, and the config
> files for one of the copies are messed up. Try enabling debugging on
> the the DLL backend, and see where it is trying to load files from:
>
> SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L

it looks like it loads them fine, but I think I discovered the
difference with my (working) test setup: it was 32bit, while my main
machine is 64bit. Yes I still have the distro sane installed, but I
did this sideloading already in the past without issues (on a 32bit
machine I admit)

I changed the build number to be 100% sure it loads the correct epjitsu backend.

I also found that sane actually still works with my other scanner, it
just takes a long time to run scanimage, regardless if the S1300i is
connected.

So, two questions remain:
- anything special I need to do on a 64bit system (debian based)
- did you check on a 64bit system? Maybe a backend issue after all?

For the reference, this is the (shortened) output (BUILD defined as 99
as an extra check):

$ SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of dll to 255.
[dll] sane_init: SANE dll backend version 1.0.13 from sane-backends 1.0.25git
[dll] sane_init/read_dlld: attempting to open directory `./dll.d'
[dll] sane_init/read_dlld: attempting to open directory
`/usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.d'
[dll] sane_init/read_dlld: using config directory `/usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.d'
[dll] sane_init/read_dlld: done.
[dll] sane_init/read_config: reading dll.conf
[dll] add_backend: adding backend `epjitsu'
[dll] sane_get_devices
[dll] load: searching backend `epjitsu' in `/usr/local/lib/sane'
[dll] load: trying to load `/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-epjitsu.so.1'
[dll] load: dlopen()ing `/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-epjitsu.so.1'
[dll] init: initializing backend `epjitsu'
[dll] init: backend `epjitsu' is version 1.0.99
[dll] sane_get_devices: found 0 devices

[dll] sane_exit: exiting
[dll] sane_exit: calling backend `epjitsu's exit function
[dll] sane_exit: finished