[sane-devel] gscan2pdf 1.2.7 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:41:35 UTC 2014
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.2.7:
* Use date from entry rather than calendar widget.
* New icons for 'email as PDF' and the hand tool
* + threshold as part of OCR process
* Fix bug saving encoded characters in hOCR
* Fix bug saving defaults that are not part of a profile
* Add scrollbars to the 'Page Options' tab to make the scan button visible on
screens that are shorter than the scan dialog.
* Fix crash on start if tesseract is not installed
* Fix button display in Tools > Unsharp Mask
* + Finnish translation
* Updates to Czech, French, German, Greek, Polish, Russian & Spanish
More information about the sane-devel