[sane-devel] Imageclass D530 Scanner Support (New Patch?)

tx gtux at gimpchat.com
Tue Oct 21 16:47:55 UTC 2014

Thanks so much for the information. You are exactly right. Fedora20_x86
installed sane libs from the repos in /usr/lib64. When I compiled from
git, sane backends libs were installed in /usr/local/lib/.

The path to the new scanimage binary was already first in the path:
/usr/local/bin. So, the fix for me was to create a file in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d named 1.sane.conf, in which I added: /usr/local/lib. I
then executed ldconfig as root and all is well. :)

I can now use xsane from a launcher or from GIMP. It appears to be working
very well. This will make things much easier for me and considering the
unbelievable deal I got on this cool multifunction printer, I'm doing the
happy dance.

A big kudos to everyone who helped get the D530 operational in SANE and a
big thank you to all who helped me get this working in Fedora 20_x86.

~gtux