[sane-devel] Twain Sane, anyone?

Andy Ody andy.ody at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:32:37 UTC 2014

Dear All,

and apologies again for my noobness.

Additionally, thanks to m. allan noah for his advice; spot on sir! Disabled
Xinetd and managed to get the expected response from saned in a local
loopback test. Now re-enabled and all good.

So, I have installed OpenWRT onto a BT HomeHub 2, and have Sane and Xinetd
set up; my remote server.

I have installed Twain Sane onto my Mac Pro, and can now scan across the
network from the command line (Terminal).

To elaborate, I don't mean SSHing into the remote server and initiating a
scan from there, I mean using 'scanimage --format=tiff > test.tiff' direct
from the Mac Pro command line, and the image file lands on my local hard
drive.

But, I cannot seem to get any further. The scanner does not show up in
'printers and scanners' to allow me to install it into the OS, not does it
show up in any image capture utility.

So, stuck.

Any idea's?

Gratefully received.