[sane-devel] Network scan support using MAC OS
Ariel Ramonito Edera
ArielRamonito.Edera at ddp.kyocera.com
Thu Sep 11 06:22:56 UTC 2014
I am trying to support a network scanner using Mac OS.
Here are the steps I did and currently stuck on step 5.
Please advise on things I need to do to successfully run device and scan via network.
1. Was able to download and install TWAIN SANE Interface, SANE Preference Pane, SANE Backends and libusb from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/.
2. Added binaries in /usr/local/lib/sane in order for device to show in the list of SANE Drivers in SANE Preference Pane.
3. Was able to scan successfully via scanimage command in terminal. (network scan)
4. Added device name to Printers & Scanners however there is no 'Scan' tab for the device.
5. I am currently trying to scan via Image Capture but device name won't appear under Image Capture (Devices). I have also tried Preview application and it also cannot detect the device.
This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of KYOCERA Document Solutions Development Philippines, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this e-mail in error. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sane-devel