[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX530 series

Stephen Weston stephencweston at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:55:17 UTC 2014

Rolf,

Thank you very much for the patch. I have now tested that patch and can
confirm the scanner will now correctly scan images at the 1200dpi
resolution. Perfect!

Just a query with the ADF.  I have noticed that with the 'Simple Scan'
tool in Ubuntu it will report as 'Failed to scan' after it has finished
the last document in the ADF rather than cleanly finishing the scan job.
I doubt this should be normal behaviour and is more of an annoyance
rather than a real problem as I can just close the message and still
carry on as normal. Also in xsane if I have more documents in the ADF
than I tell it, then it will correctly scan in the number of sheets I
told it there are, but then the scanner attempts to take in the next
sheet which ends up stuck in the ADF. I then have to go through
switching the device off and on to get it to release that sheet of paper
from the ADF.

These ADF problems are only minor annoyances so its not going to cause
major problems.

Another question... is this updated and patched version of sane and
sane-backend ever likely to be included in an standard Ubuntu update?  I
don't really know how these sorts of things work.

Again, I really appreciate your help and the effort you have put in to
support people like me.

Regards,
Stephen