[sane-devel] Canon DR-7080C

James Herrick wideboy3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:32:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have a Canon DR-7080C at work that I can no longer use with supported
versions of windows because the driver support only goes up to windows
vista. So I am giving SANE a try as it seems a shame to can the scanner as
it is still in very good condition and is a good quality unit.

The supported hardware list shows it as untested but someone on this
mailing list has had a recent success with a basic test (
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2014-August/032565.html
).

I am new to using SANE. I'm fairly green in the Linux dept too but I am
learning and am an IT Tech by trade from a primarily windows environment
and I am wondering what is required to get it to a tested working, or not,
status and if I can help with the testing at all? I am willing to use a few
lunch hours and some time after work to help.

So far scanimage -L and scanimage -T the same results as the linked email
above. Using Xsane I can scan a single page but not if it is placed on the
document feeder. That doesn't seem to want to feed so far regardless of the
few settings i have tried. Xsane seems to only be able to do one scan at a
time before refusing to do the second. I have yet to have a bash at the
command line.

For my purposes I don't mind if it is only command line compatible as I am
using a raspberry pi as my header unit for the scanner. This means I can
rig up some hardware buttons to the GPIO pins in a nice case and have some
predefined scanning scripts to bring the scanner back to life.

Kind regards

James