[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 220

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Mon Sep 22 17:35:52 UTC 2014

On 21.09.2014 21:28, Stef wrote:
> what does 'sane-find-scanner' reports ? You could also send data form
> lsusb.
Apart from what Alex already wrote (Chip GL848+), I tried a naive
approach of duplicating the Genesys_Model canon_lide_200_model and
registering it according to the device ID. It was just a stab in the
dark, since the 200 used the same chip (apparently). Unfortunately, some
control sequences must have changed, because:

    > scanimage
    scanimage: open of device genesys:libusb:001:004 failed: Error
    during device I/O

(I don't have a full development environment for SANE; I just changed
the source, rebuilt the package and installed it. Full debugging is
therefore not easily possible for me.)

Is there an easy way to capture device IO on Windows? (... where the
scanner works)
That way I could give you a dump of the traffic that you can look at (I
guess you have a practiced eye for the control data :-))

Best regards,
Andreas