[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 220 works, but only with debug enabled

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Apr 6 12:15:27 UTC 2015

On 04/04/2015 18:44, mark at fastmail.com wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Using current code from github, I am trying out a new scanner. It works
> without arguments, but only in the lowest quality. If I add arguments
> (it doesn't seem to matter which ones) I get this error (the same every
> time):
>
> $ local/bin/scanimage --device 'genesys:libusb:003:039' --mode lineart
> --resolution 300 > /tmp/first.pnm
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
>
> I tried turning on debug to find out what is happening and found that
> everything works perfectly if I enable massive debugging:
>
> $ SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255 \
>     local/bin/scanimage --device 'genesys:libusb:003:039' --mode lineart
>     --resolution 300 > /tmp/first.pnm 2>/tmp/debug
>
> This gives me a decent quality scan and a 700k debug file. Can anyone
> suggest how to specify arguments without debug?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Mark

     Hello,

     I have ran about the same command without any problem on my
computer. Since the usual way to find out bug is to enable debug traces,
it is going to be difficult to solve your problem. Does xsane exhibit
the same behavior ?
     What is your hardware ? Motherboard/CPU, USB3 ?
I'm developing on a Asrock 960GM-GS3 FX, with a AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 545
Processor and no USB3.

Regards,
     Stef