[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 110 + USB3

Marc Cousin cousinmarc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:32:50 UTC 2015

On 18/04/2015 17:41, mark at fastmail.com wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2015, at 02:58 AM, Marc Cousin wrote:
>> I've got a brand new computer with USB3 all over the place, and cannot
>> use my "old" LIDE 110 with it, even with a git version. The scanner is
>> still working, as it works when connecter to my older laptop, through
>> USB2. It doesn't work with a git checkout from a few minutes ago.
>>
>> I see that some drivers have received some patches to work around
>> problems with USB 3. Is there something to be done to the genesys driver
>> too ? What can I provide to help solving this ?
>
> It might be interesting to know if it works if you turn on massive
> debugging:
> SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 and SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
>
> For me, this slowed things down enough to make it work. (Not a proper
> solution, of course)

It goes a bit further with this.

When I try it without debug, It fails right at the start  (the scanner
does nothing).

With debug, I hear the scanner trying to scan. Then it fails with what
seems to be the usual error. But I still hear it do some work, so it
seems better (but I still can't scan :) )