[sane-devel] pixma mg7500 testing

Jonathan Anderson emailjonathananderson-new at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 12:38:09 UTC 2015

I have tested network connections for Canon Pixma MG7550
Connected by cable to router, it was detected and scanned.scanimage -Ldevice `pixma:MG7500_192.168.1.212' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG7500 Series multi-function peripheral
However, the scanner was not found by "Simple Scan" so I had to scan from command line.scanimage -x 100 -y 100 --format=tiff >image.tiff

The original was grey / white and the resulting scan was in striped colors. Not sure what to make of that. I did crop this image in GIMP to make the size acceptable for the list but it qualitatively shows the appeared colors.
When using wifi connection to the router, the scanner is not found by scanimage -L or by sane-find-scanner.It is found and scans correctly using Canons own scangearmp2 resulting in a nice greyscale picture true to the original.
Kind regardsJonathan