[sane-devel] scanimage hangs at shutdown (Preparing for a sane-backends release)

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Tue Aug 18 11:07:20 UTC 2015

Using fork or pthread makes no difference.

A sleep at the end of main() works wonders.

But not for the other exit() functions. 'scanimage -h' or 'scanimage -A'
still hang with the same issue.

I suggest to replace atexit and all exit() functions by the existing
scanimage_exit() function.

Please check if attached patch is running with your installations.

Cheers,
Rolf