[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v1.3.6 released
jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:52:08 UTC 2015
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.3.6:
* Use simplified tesseract call for tesseract >= 3.02.02. Closes patch #15
(Simplifying Tesseract call in Tesseract.pm). Thanks to Wikinaut for the patch
* Add completion for author, title, subject & keyword metadata
* Store the list of pages to be saved on hitting the save button, not waiting to
choose the filename. Closes Debian bug #648627
(post-dialog selection changes influence which pages are saved)
* Fixed progress text when importing files with multiple pages
* Some scanners activate paper-width and paper-height only for the ADF, and thus
send "invalid argument" when setting the paper size for the flatbed. Trap this
by also testing whether these options are active when setting the paper size.
* When scanning "all" pages, but only a finite number are possible, report this
in the progress bar.
* Update list of available paper sizes after every option reload, as different
sources (e.g. flatbed, ADF) support different geometries
* Update list of rpm dependencies in .spec files (Closes support-requests #15)
* Update to Danish translation (thanks to Aputsiaĸ Niels Janussen)
* Update to French translation (thanks to Jean-Marc)
* Update to Hebrew translation (thanks to Lior David)
More information about the sane-devel