[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MG6400 Series

Christian Spielberger christian.spielberger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:46:14 UTC 2015

Hi,
today I activated my brand new Canon PIXMA MG6450 printer/scanner. In the SANE
table for supported devices the device is listed as "Untested":

PIXMA MG6400 Series     USB     0x04a9/0x1770   Untested    Testers needed!

I built and installed the sane-backends project. It worked like a charm for my
device which is connected by wifi. The scanned image looks quite good. The
colors are correct. Resolutions up to 600dpi are working. With 1200dpi there are
"column oriented" artefacts.

Configuration on printer: Normal configuration process, then
- wifi config (dhcp)
- set hostname (to "canon") through the printers display menu

Configuration on system (Ubuntu trusty):
To /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf added line:
bjnp://canon.local

Building sane-backends (default):

./configure
make
sudo make install

$ scanimage -L
device `pixma:MG6400_canon.local' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG6400 Series multi-function peripheral

Do you need more informations?

regards,
Chris.