[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MG6400 Series

Christian Spielberger christian.spielberger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:44:16 UTC 2015

On Mon 16.02.15  14:29, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
> >Hi,
> >today I activated my brand new Canon PIXMA MG6450 printer/scanner.
> >In the SANE
> >table for supported devices the device is listed as "Untested":

> >PIXMA MG6400 Series     USB     0x04a9/0x1770   Untested
> >Testers needed!
> >
> >I built and installed the sane-backends project. It worked like a
> >charm for my
> >device which is connected by wifi. The scanned image looks quite
> >good. The
> >colors are correct. Resolutions up to 600dpi are working. With
> >1200dpi there are
> >"column oriented" artefacts.
> >
> >Configuration on printer: Normal configuration process, then
> >- wifi config (dhcp)
> >- set hostname (to "canon") through the printers display menu
> >
> >Configuration on system (Ubuntu trusty):
> >To /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf added line:
> >bjnp://canon.local
> >
> >Building sane-backends (default):
> >
> >./configure
> >make
> >sudo make install
> >
> >$ scanimage -L
> >device `pixma:MG6400_canon.local' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG6400 Series
> >multi-function peripheral
> >

> >Do you need more informations?
> >
> >regards,
> >Chris.
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you send us a picture of the scan at 1200 dpi ?
> Did you try higher resolutions ?
>
> You may have the same kind of problem I had with my Canon MP990 (and
> which I solved, I have to send the patch for that BTW !)
>
> Bye.
>
> Le 14/02/2015 22:46, Christian Spielberger a écrit :

Hi Guillaume,
I reordered your reply to bottom posting. Thought, this is common in web
forums, resp. mailing lists.

The images are very large in disk space. They can be downloaded from:
- image as it should look like, scanned with 75dpi
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69356214/nypd-75dpi.png
- image scanned with 1200dpi
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69356214/nypd-1200dpi-onA5.png

regards,