[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100 Scanner

Paul Connor mrphconnor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 11:24:27 UTC 2015

Im running ubuntu 14.04 32 bit and Xsane was previously working fine for
years but after a recent update I'm encountering out of memory errors on
scan attempt.

It seems to be detecting the wrong device for scanning even though I am
selecting the correct device on startup.

​

'sudo sane-find-scanner' returns the correct device

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5 [FUJITSU], product=0x1200 [ScanSnap
S1100]) at libusb:002:003

And I have these details in my /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf

but a 'scanimage -L' returns this

device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname 1.3M WebCam virtual device

Can't figure out where it is getting used with my Webcam