[sane-devel] terrible (systematically corrupted) jpg at 1200dpi

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Jan 28 02:13:16 UTC 2015

No error message at all.

$ scanimage --help
Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...

Start image acquisition on a scanner device and write PNM image data to
standard output.

-d, --device-name=DEVICE   use a given scanner device (e.g. hp:/dev/scanner)
     --format=pnm|tiff      file format of output file
-i, --icc-profile=PROFILE  include this ICC profile into TIFF file
-L, --list-devices         show available scanner devices
-f, --formatted-device-list=FORMAT similar to -L, but the FORMAT of the
output
                            can be specified: %d (device name), %v (vendor),
                            %m (model), %t (type), and %i (index number)
-b, --batch[=FORMAT]       working in batch mode, FORMAT is `out%d.pnm' or
                            `out%d.tif' by default depending on --format
     --batch-start=#        page number to start naming files with
     --batch-count=#        how many pages to scan in batch mode
     --batch-increment=#    increase number in filename by an amount of #
     --batch-double         increment page number by two for 2sided
originals
                            being scanned in a single sided scanner
     --batch-prompt         ask for pressing a key before scanning a page
     --accept-md5-only      only accept authorization requests using md5
-p, --progress             print progress messages
-n, --dont-scan            only set options, don't actually scan
-T, --test                 test backend thoroughly
-h, --help                 display this help message and exit
-v, --verbose              give even more status messages
-B, --buffer-size          change default input buffersize
-V, --version              print version information

Options specific to device `hpaio:/net/HP_Officejet_Pro_8620?ip=10.10.0.29':
   Scan mode:
     --mode Lineart|Gray|Color [Lineart]
         Selects the scan mode (e.g., lineart, monochrome, or color).
     --resolution 75|100|200|300dpi [75]
         Sets the resolution of the scanned image.
     --source Flatbed|ADF|Duplex [Flatbed]
         Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).
   Advanced:
     --brightness 0..2000 [1000]
         Controls the brightness of the acquired image.
     --contrast 0..2000 [1000]
         Controls the contrast of the acquired image.
     --compression JPEG [JPEG]
         Selects the scanner compression method for faster scans,
possibly at
         the expense of image quality.
     --jpeg-quality 0..100 [inactive]
         Sets the scanner JPEG compression factor. Larger numbers mean
better
         compression, and smaller numbers mean better image quality.
   Geometry:
     -l 0..215.9mm [0]
         Top-left x position of scan area.
     -t 0..355.6mm [0]
         Top-left y position of scan area.
     -x 0..215.9mm [215.9]
         Width of scan-area.
     -y 0..355.6mm [355.6]
         Height of scan-area.

Type ``scanimage --help -d DEVICE'' to get list of all options for DEVICE.

List of available devices: