[sane-devel] new developer

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:25:10 UTC 2015

Hello again, Tiago! I hope you have been well.

It seems that most SANE developers work primarily on the scanner
backend that they need for either their work or their personal use. Do
you still work with Panasonic scanners? Do you have some other scanner
that is not supported by SANE?

One place that the sane project could use some help is curating
patches which come in from the mailing list or into our bug tracker.
There are certainly cases of bugs having been fixed years ago, but we
have not tested or applied the code fixes. This can be a time
consuming job, because it might require access to a different type of
system (for instance, patches for systemd, which does not exist on my
machines.)

Either way, we welcome your help.

allan

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Tiago Zaniquelli <ztiago at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everybordy,
>
> I wish to start sane's development in my free time.
>
> I development to C#, JAVA and i have basic knowledges in C, C++. What do you
> advise to me start in sane's project?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tiago Zaniquelli
>
> --