[sane-devel] No scanner found with Scanimage -L

ylafont ylafont at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 21:07:43 UTC 2015

Here is the current config.  let me know if i missed a file. I believe it is
scanbd 1.4.2

*/etc/sane.d/sane.conf*
#scan-client.somedomain.firm
#192.168.0.1
#192.168.0.1/29
#[2001:7a8:185e::42:12]
#[2001:7a8:185e::42:12]/64
192.168.1.0/24

*/etc/sane.d/net.config*
# This is the net backend config file.

## net backend options
# Timeout for the initial connection to saned. This will prevent the backend
# from blocking for several minutes trying to connect to an unresponsive
# saned host (network outage, host down, ...). Value in seconds.
# connect_timeout = 60
connect_timeout = 3

## saned hosts
# Each line names a host to attach to.
# If you list "localhost" then your backends can be accessed either
# directly or through the net backend.  Going through the net backend
# may be necessary to access devices that need special privileges.
#localhost
localhost

*/etc/sane.d/dll.conf*
net
/etc/default/saned
# Defaults for the saned initscript, from sane-utils
# Set to yes to start saned
RUN=no

# Set to the user saned should run as
RUN_AS_USER=saned

*/etc/xinetd.d/sane-port*
service saned
{
	port = 6566
	socket_type = stream
	#server = /usr/sbin/saned
	#server = "/usr/local/sbin/scanbm -c /usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf"
	server = /usr/local/sbin/scanbm
	server_args = scanbm -c /usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbd.conf
	protocol = tcp
	user = saned
	group = scanner
	wait = no