[sane-devel] Choosing A Scanner

Leon Hauck leon at progcpu.net
Sat Jul 18 21:11:31 UTC 2015

Before I jump into our big scanning project I just thought I'd ask a
question that I should have asked a while back.

Currently I'm planning on using a Canon LIDE210, but now I'm thinking
that maybe I should bump it up a notch.  I can get a CanoScan 9000F for
$199 at Staples (which will also support scanning slides and negatives).
  Most of the other current flatbed scanners available locally (Fry's,
etc) aren't fully supported (such as the Epson V500 series).

What flatbed scanner would you suggest for a sub $300 scanner that
offers the best speed/support under Sane?