[sane-devel] Canon i-Sensy MF4870dn Network Scan Issue

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Jun 17 20:16:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 20:45 +0300, Mehmet Onat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My friend has Canon i-Sensy MF4870dn. He want to share scanner with
> his networks. Printer works good. But it doesn't work scan on
> networks. Outputs here:

what exactly are you trying to do: a scan from Linux to the network
interface of the scanner? If so, read the sane-pixma man-page for the
firewall openings that you need to make.

> #
> # define URI's of scanners (one per line)
> # This is only used for network scanners.
> # normally scanners will be detected by sending a broadcast
> # if this does not work under your OS, or if the scanners
> # are on a different subnet, configure your scanners URI here
> #
> # method must be bjnp
> # port number can normally be left out, port 8612 is used as default
> # Example:
>  bjnp://10.60.0.17
> # bjnp://printer-1.pheasant.org

there should be no need to set anything here normally.

> scanimage -L
> [bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received
> [bjnp] bjnp_init_device_structure: Cannot read mac address, skipping this scanner
> [bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received
> [bjnp] add_scanner: ERROR - Cannot read scanner make & model: bjnp://10.60.0.17
> Parçalama arızası

This looks like missing openings in the firewall. You will need to open
port 8611 for both TCP and UDP. See the man-page
kind regards, Louis