[sane-devel] scanbd and actually scanning over the LAN

Rolf Leggewie foss at rolf.leggewie.biz
Wed Mar 4 13:30:21 UTC 2015

Hello,

with scanbd sitting on top of the net backend I wonder if and how actual
scanning over the LAN still works.  Two scenarios.

a) sharing a scanbd scan host SH via the LAN to scan client SC
b) accessing a saned LAN scanner LS on a scanbd-enabled computer SES

Are both scenarios supported?  This will have implications for my
packaging as well.

I guess scenario A ought to be possible by adding something like
"192.168.0.0/24" to /etc/sane.d/saned.conf on SH, while scenario B would
require adding the IP or hostname of LS to /etc/sane.d/net.conf on SES.

So far, so (theoretically) good?  I wonder especially if scenario B
isn't going to blow up in my face.

Regards

Rolf