[sane-devel] help compiling sane

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Mar 8 20:29:27 UTC 2015

On 08/03/2015 11:36, Rafe DiDomenico wrote:
> So, I did dump all the conf files in a folder and reinstalled. The
> genesys.conf does have a 220 entry now, but I still can't get any
> further:
>
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.25git; backend version 1.0.25
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x190f, chip=GL848+?) at
> libusb:002:002
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> supported by
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate).

     Hello,

     are your udev rules updated ? I had to manually update
80-libsane.rules to have this new scanner handled by udev. You could try
to run scanimage -L as root to check if it is permission problem.
     If not, run scanimage -L with debug traces by exporting the
following environment variables:

export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
scanimage -L 2>probe.log