[sane-devel] jo-kraus at gmx.de sent you a file through WeSendit!

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Mar 18 20:31:53 UTC 2015

On 18/03/2015 21:26, Jochen wrote:
> Below you find what I got from scanimage -T with general debug level 255.
>
> The process freezes at
> [genesys] sanei_genesys_calculate_zmode2: two_table=0
> [genesys] sanei_genesys_calculate_zmode2: two_table=0
> In LOW-debugging mode you can see it still polls registers (?). Then I
> stopped the process with ctrl-C.
>
> One thing struck me: When the scanner is being recognized, sane says it
> looks like a GL848 chipset, later a GL848+ comes into play. The debug
> output mentions GL847 throughout, and the sane website speaks of a
> GL124+. I can't make sense of that.
>
> What is supposed to happen with scanimage -T?
>
> Now with the other debug leveles I get a whole lot of output. How do I
> pipe that into a file again?

     Hello,

     scanimage -T is meant to check the backend for correctness against
SANE standard, it will badly fails on any scanner with a high dpi since
it tries to scan at maximum resolution with 1 byte reads.
     It is usefull when writing a backend, but not for using it. Unless
you are coding, don't use it.

Regards,
     Stef