[sane-devel] Raspbian Jessie - scanbd scripting issue

RainerF rpfischer at freenet.de
Tue Mar 31 13:43:58 UTC 2015

Wilhelm,

thank you for taking the time to look into these issues. Following your
advise I had a look into the source code and tried to understand, what
happens in case, when e.g. button 3 is pressed and compared the logs with
the information by pressing e.g. button 4 (log file excerpt - see below).

The last common action for both button events is this logging
information:respectiveThe message has been generated in file
scanbuttond_wrapper.c in line 519 (source version 1.4.2).Next follows this
if statement:Within the if statement the next logging message is generated
and a new thread, where further action for script execution seems to be
taken. The logging information is only printed for button 3! Obviously the
if condition is false for button 4. I will try to debug this (I have no
experience with debugging multi-threaded code), hoping to get closer to the
problem, why no script is executed for button 1 and 4 - or do you already
have an idea, what might be wrong?

Kind regards,
Rainer.
syslog excerpt