[sane-devel] multiple, identical scanners?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Fri Nov 13 09:32:26 UTC 2015

Jeremy Chacon writes:

> Thanks, Allan, I'll try that too. Of course, this computer is isolated from
> the internet (groan), making upgrades difficult, but not impossible!

Seeing that you are using Perfection V600s I am pretty sure you are
using the epkowa backend.  If so, upgrading sane-backends will not help
at all.  You should upgrade to the latest iscan version, 2.30.1, which
contains USB 3 fixes.  I am not sure they will address your problem,
though.

You can download the lastest collection of packages (iscan, iscan-data
and a non-free interpreter plugin for your model) from

  http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 4:17 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You might find that a kernel and/or a sane-backends upgrade will help
>> that problem. There have been usb improvements in both of those places
>> in the past year.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join