[sane-devel] 1.0.25 doesn't work with HP ScanJet 5300C

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Nov 18 12:14:02 UTC 2015

Hi Henrique,

m. allan noah writes:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Henrique Martins <sane at martins.cc> wrote:
>>> Are you able to compile sane-backends from source?
>>
>> If I can find the time, I should be able to. (Though I will
>> need to brush up on git, specially on how to rollbacks the
>> commits mentioned on the Agfa thread).

Have a look at

  git help revert

Normally, to undo the changes committed in, say, commit 123456...., you
would just say

  git revert 123456

though (and pray there are no conflicts).

>> Assuming I start here
>>   https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=30186
>>

> No, start here: http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html
>
> in particular, you want something like:
>
> git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
>
> then see README.linux

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join